Sermon Notes 27 February 2022
Speaker: Ps Vernon Quek (10.30am & 1 pm)
Intro: Still on the Quest to find the scheme of things (vv14; 23-24; 25; 27-29)
Frustration #1: Life is Crooked… (vv13; 15; 18-22; 26)
Frustration #2: And not even Wisdom will straighten it out (vv16; 23-24; 27-29)
E.g. 3 Wise Sayings: (v19, 20 & 21-22)
Frustration #3: God Himself made it this way! (vv13-14; 29)
Conclusion: A healthy frustration with this life
With a hint of the Solution…(vv13; 18; 26; 29)
Questions for Discussion & Reflection
- Do you agree with the Preacher? That life is crooked? What have you experienced in this life that just isn’t right?
- Is living wisely your solution to this crooked life? In what ways do you try and feel better about life through the wise ways that you live?
- On a scale of 1-10, share how healthily frustrated you are with this life and the way things are in this world. How has your life in the past week reflected your answer?
- How do you feel about God allowing this life to be crooked? Speak to Him about this!
- How does having the New Testament and knowing Jesus change our perspective? How does it reinforce our healthy frustration as believers?