Sermon Notes 5 June 2022
( 8.30am & 10.30am )
Speaker: Rev Oh Boon Leong
What Does It Take To Be A Winning Church?
1 Corinthians 9:24-27
What kind of church is Zion Bishan going to be?
What does it take for the church to be a winning church?
Three hallmarks of a winning church:
I. A Winning Spirit
II. A Dedicated Spirit
III. A Sacrificial Spirit
1. Many of us have been or are dedicated to something (sports, work, studies, hobbies). What “rights” did you give up to pursue it?
2. How can we exercise “self-control” and not run “aimlessly” in our Christian life and ministry
3. What “rights” do you sense God leading you to put aside in order to win others to Christ?
( 3pm & 5pm )
Speaker: Ps David Wong
Give Me This Mountain
What is Caleb’s Mountain?
Lines in Caleb’s Timeline
1. Line in Sea (No Going Back) @40
“the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again.”
2. Line in Desert (No Going In) @40
“… the land that I swore to give to their fathers… none of those who despised me shall see it.” (Num 14:23)
3. Line in River (Going In) @80
“… arise, go over this Jordan….” (Josh 1:2)
4. Line in Promised Land (Going Up) @85
“… give me this mountain….” (Josh 14:12, KJV)
What is our Mountain?
- What is one main takeaway from sermon?
- Which line in Caleb’s Timeline do you resonate with most? Why?
- In what ways does the life of Caleb mirror the history of Zion Bishan?
- What is the mountain for you? For Zion Bishan in the coming years?