Sermon Notes 14 March 2021
Speaker: Mr Vernon Quek
Authentic Spirit-Empowered Witness
Spirit-Empowered Witness to Samaria (v5-8)
• Philip the Evangelist
Simon and the Samaritans Believe (v9-13)
• Neither Place nor Race (Remember Stephen!)
The Authentic Spirit-Empowerment (v14-25)
• Authenticated by the Apostles (v14-17 & 25)
• The Authentic Spirit: God’s Free Gift (v18-24)
Conclusion: Spirit-Empowered Witnesses (2:17-18; 2:38-39)
Questions for Reflection and Discussion
- What exactly are we to be certain about from today’s passage
- What does it mean for a Christian to have received the Holy Spirit today? Can you see points in your life where you were empowered by the Spirit?
- What do we learn today about our role as Spirit-empowered witnesses? Where are you personally in your witnessing journey?
- Is there someone in your life whom God is calling you to be a witness to? Someone who might be an unlikely Samaritan to you?