Sermon Notes 23 May 2021
Speaker: Ps Vernon Quek (3 pm & 5 pm)
Filled To Fulfil
Acts 1:1-11, 2:1-4; 14-21
Intro: Pentecost and the Promised Spirit… (Acts 1-11; 2:1-4)
1. God’s Promise: Even before Acts 1
- Ezekiel 36:22-37:12: The Spirit of Life
- John 7:37-39 -> Ezekiel 47:1-12: The Temple River of Life
2. God’s Power: The Spirit’s Work (Acts 2:4; 4:8; 4:31; 6:3-5; 7:55; 8:14-19; 9:17; 10:44-47; 11:15-17; 11:22-26; 13:9 etc)
a) Belief in Jesus
b) Proclamation of Jesus
- Signs & Wonders?
3. God’s Plan: The Spirit’s Continued Work in Us
- Leviticus 23:15-22: The Feast of Weeks -> John 7:38 & Acts 1:8
Conclusion: We’re in the last days… (Acts 2:14-21)
- How would you explain to a non-Christian what it means to be baptised and filled with the Holy Spirit?
- What are some ways we have taken for granted the Spirit’s work in our lives and in the lives of those around us?
- How does understanding Pentecost and the Spirit give us certainty concerning the Gospel of Jesus and our role in fulfilling God’s Plan?
- What should we pray for in response to understanding the work of the Spirit? For ourselves individually? For the Body of Christ? For the non-believing world around us? Spend some time asking these things from our Father who gave us the Spirit!