Sermon Notes 15 August 2021
Speakers: Ps Vernon Quek/Mr Quek Tze-Ming
The Macedonian Model of Ministry
Intro: Three Cities…One Gospel
The Macedonian Call (16:6-10)
City #1: Philippi (16:11-40)
City #2: Thessalonica (17:1-9) and City #3: Berea (17:10-15)
Three Truths in Authentic Gospel Ministry:
- God sovereignly leads it (16:6-10, 25-26)
2. The proclamation of God’s Word is central in it (16:6, 14, 17, 31-32; 17:3, 11-13)
3. There will be opposition to it (16:19-24; 17:5-9,13)
Conclusion: The Right Side Up World – Jesus is Lord!
- What is your big takeaway from today’s passage?
- How often are we conscious that God is in control of Gospel Mission despite what things look like? How can we cultivate a greater awareness and reliance on His sovereignty?
- What does proclaiming Jesus look like in your life? How are you growing your ability to speak the Word to all around you?
- What does Gospel Opposition look like for us? How does this passage change the way you view such opposition?