Sermon Notes 27 June 2021
Speaker: Mr Leow Wen Pin
Inclusion – Growing Up in Christ
Ephesians 4:1-3, 15-16
- Our vision for community shapes how we build that community
- Paul’s vision for the Church is as the Body of Christ
- So what does that mean for how we build the Church, esp. regarding the inclusion of people with disabilities?
1. Every Joint is Required
2. Each Part Must Work Properly
3. Building In Love
- (“Every Joint is Required”) In what ways might we have subtly communicated to others in the church that we do not need them to be present? How can we remedy this?
- (“Each Part Must Work Properly”) If every person can be a disciple/disciplemaker, how can we identify the gifts of people with disabilities and help to fan them into flame?
- (“Building in Love”) What are practical ways that we can build relationships with persons with disabilities and their families in a way that is not paternalistic?
- “Enabling Hearts: A Primer for Disability-Inclusive Churches”, ed. Leow Wen Pin (Graceworks, Singapore: 2021).
- “Disability and the Gospel: How God Uses Our Brokenness to Display His Grace”, Michael S. Beates (Crossway, Illinois: 2012).