Sermon Notes 6 June 2021
Speaker: Ps David Wong (10.30 am & 1 pm)
#GettingReal About Growing Old
1 Samuel 12:1-5; 19-25
Growing Older or Old?
“…I am old and gray … I have walked before you from my youth until this day” 1 Sam 12:2 ESV
1. Maintaining Life of Integrity
“…Here I am; testify against me before the Lord and before his anointed…” 1 Sam 12:3
2. Closing Chapters of Disappointment
Mentor Eli failed as Role Model 1 Sam 3:13
Sons Joel & Abijah turned Bad 1 Sam 8:3
People rejected him 1 Sam 8:6-7
King Saul disobeyed God 1 Sam 15:28
3. Continuing Ministry of Prayer
“Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by ceasing to pray for you…” 1 Sam 12:23
Faithful to the End: Samuel’s Secret
‘Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening.’ 1 Sam 3:10 (NIV)
“And Samuel grew, and the LORD was with him, and let none of his words fall to the ground.” 1 Sam 3:10
- As I grow older, am I growing closer to the Lord or drifting farther from Him? Or stagnant?
- Consider the areas of Integrity, Disappointments and Prayer. Which is my strongest? Which the weakest?
- How do I cultivate the lifelong habit of Samuel, to say, “Speak, Lord, I am listening”?