Sermon Notes 12 June 2022
Speaker: Rev Dr Tan Soo Inn
No Generation Unimportant
1. We live in a unique point in history where many generations are living together at the same time.
Silent (Born 1928 – 45)
Baby boomer (Born 1946 – 64)
Generation X (Born 1965 – 1980)
Millennials (Born 1981 – 1996)
Generation Z (Born 1997 – 2012)
2. The generations have cultural difference because they have been shaped by different formative experiences.
3. Christ is clear that we should value all generations and learn from them. (Luke 18:15-17)
4. It begins with a prior commitment to Christ. (Ephesians 5:21)
5. It means all generations must take responsibility for intragenerational relationships. (Ephesians 6:1-4)
6. Our primary call is to love those from other generations
7. Next we need to learn from each other so that we can be more effective in following Jesus.
8. The church needs to take the intergenerational challenge seriously.