Sermon Notes 2 October 2022
True Worship & Service
Speaker: Ps Vernon Quek
Romans 1:16-17, Romans 12:1-13, Romans 13:8-10
Intro: What is holy and acceptable to God? (12:1)
1. Demands a living sacrifice! (12:1)
- To present our whole bodies and lives
2. Fulfilled in loving others (13:8-10)
- The Old Testament Law’s fulfilment
*How are you feeling about True Worship now?
3. *The Key to True Worship: ‘By the mercies of God’ (12:1)
- The Gospel: From Wrath to Righteousness (1:16-21)
- Transformed by the renewal of our minds (12:2)
- Jesus our Example and Hope (15:1-7; 15:13)
Conclusion: Our True Worship
Questions for Reflection and Discussion:
- How are your ‘Gospel Tank’ levels at the moment? How are you regularly renewing your mind in Gospel truths (topping up your ‘Gospel Tank’)?
- How have your views of true worship and service to God been affirmed or challenged today? Are there areas of your life’s worship that need changing?
- How does a right understanding of worship change our gatherings together (in AGs and on Sundays)?