Session Meeting (15 Aug 23) Highlights:
- Elder Chan Kin Yip will assume the office of Assistant Honorary Treasurer when Elder Roland’s term ends in November. We recorded our thanks to Elder Roland.
- As per ongoing efforts to fine-tune our policies and practices, we have tightened matters relating to written-off assets with a two-tiered approval system.
- The Investment Committee reported healthy surpluses from our investments. The surpluses were ploughed back for further investments. It is noted that there is a downward trend in interest yields.
- Pastor Paul Yeo has taken over leadership of the Mandarin Service. Pastor Kew See Seong will relinquish his service end of September.
- The 2024 Good Friday Service will be a combined service among all 11 BPCIS churches to be held at ACS Independent at Dover Road.
- As part of the effort to make Zion Bishan a more inclusive church, our Enabling Ministry in partnership with Koinonia Inclusion Network (KIN) will be holding a series of Leadership Engagement Workshops and seminars to educate and encourage all in Zion Bishan towards greater understanding and acceptance of all who are differently-abled.