ZB Hokkien Service Changes from 16 May 2021
Dear brothers and sisters of Hokkien Service,
I believe we all receive with heavy hearts the introduction of more stringent movement restrictions in Singapore. But we all know that the heightened measures are for the safety of Singaporeans and for the long-term well-being of Singapore. It is necessary that as many risks are mitigated as possible so that the situation and the country will not plunge any further.
Zion Bishan too will emphasize the same guiding principles of the safety and, spiritual, well-being of our members and worshippers. This is paramount for the considerable number of seniors who attend Our Hokkien Service. Unless otherwise superseded by official government directives, throughout the stipulated period beginning 16 May (Sun) to 13 June (Sun), for a total of five weeks/Sundays, we will:
- Suspend On site Hokkien Service from this Sunday onwards till 13 June
- Revert to the Audio Recording of the service, that would be sent out via WhatsApp on Sundays
- Suspend all other activities during this period
- Holy Communion will be suspended till further notice
- Earnestly keep our nation and leaders in prayer as they try to steer Singapore out of danger during these trying times.
We encourage members and worshippers, especially if you are the sole Christian in the family or facing challenges in your faith, to maintain fellowship with other Christians. For example, you may listen to the recording together with another person, at the home of a third person. This will keep to the spirit of safety and also spiritual well-being.
Please feel free to contact Paul Yeo at 97511897 if you wish to receive the recording, should you need help, or that we can pray for you.
Zion Bishan Session